Translate

Translate

Friday, October 17, 2014

TEHILLIM 119 - Deal generously with your servant; then I will live and observe your word. Open my eyes so that I will see wonders from your Torah.












BET

(PSALM 119:9-16)

How Can a Young Man keep His way Pure? don't let me stray from your mitzvolt

9 - 10

How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart; don't let me stray from your mitzvot.

11 - 12

I treasure your word in my heart, so that I won't sin against you. Blessed are you, Adonai!
teach me your laws.

13 - 14

I proclaim with my mouth all the rulings you have spoken. I rejoice in the way of your instruction more than in any kind of wealth.

15 - 16

I will meditate on your precepts and keep my eyes on your ways. I will find my delight in your regulations. I will not forget your word.
















VAV

(PSALM 119:41-48)

41 - 42

May your grace come to me, Adonai, your salvation, as you promised; then I will have an answer for those who taunt me; for I trust in your word.

43 - 44

Don't take away completely my power to speak the truth; for I put my hope in your rulings; and I will keep your Torah always, forever and ever.

45 - 46

I will go wherever I like, for I have sought your precepts.  will speak of your instructions even to kings. without being ashamed.

47 - 48

I will delight myself in your mitzvot, which I have loved; I will lift my hands to your mitzvot, which I love; and I will meditate on your laws.















RESH

(PSALM 119:153-160)

153 - 154

Look at my distress, and rescue me, for I do not forget your Torah.

155 - 156

Plead my cause and redeem me; in keeping with your promise, revive me. Salvation is far away from the wicked because they don't seek your laws. Great is your compassion, Adonai; in keeping with your rulings, revive me,

157 - 158

Although my persecutors and foes are many, I have not turned away from your instruction. I look at traitors with discuss because they don't keep your word.

159 - 160

See how I love your precepts, Adonai, in keeping with your grace, revive me. The main thing about your word is that it's true; and all your just rulings last forever.














GIMEL

(PSALM 119:17-24)

17 - 18

Deal generously with your servant; then I will live and observe your word. Open my eyes so that I will see wonders from your Torah.

19 - 20

Though I 'm just a wanderer on the earth, don't hide your mitzvot from me. I am continually consumed with longing for your rulings.

21 - 22

You rebuke the proud, the cursed, who stray from your mitzvot. Remove scorn and contempt from me, because I observe your instruction.

23 - 24

Even when princes sit and plot against me, your servant meditates on your laws. Also your instructions are my delight; they are my counselors.


praise his name - לשבח את שמו
Bob Jackson - בוב ג'קסון


References:

The Complete Jewish Bible [An English Version of the Tanakh (Old Testament and B'rit Hadashah - New Testament)].

http://www.google.com/images.


No comments:

Post a Comment